Monday, June 14, 2010

slow and steady

Progress


Yeah, I know it doesn't really look like it but I'm making great headway on Katie's quilt. The prep work takes 80% of the time. Once I get all the pieces prepped and ready to go, assembly moves along pretty quickly. This may not look like it but thats over 900 two and a half inch squares and close to 300 four and a half inch squares. And yes, that is uncut fabric off to the side. Of course, I did not buy enough fabric, so of course I ran out at 5:30 yesterday evening because I HAD to get what I needed immediately. Thank goodness they still had some of each of the eleven fabrics in the quilt. So I need to backtrack, and wash, dry and cut strips from each but that's par for the course for me. I did the math myself to figure out how much fabric I needed and I guess my math isn't as good as I thought it was. Maybe I should have asked Sam to do some of his fancy math in order to figure out the yardage. I am so excited to start putting the pieces together. This is my favorite part. Seeing all the pieces come together to make a beautiful whole. It's like magic. Very slow magic...but still magic.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm excited to see the finished product. The fabric looks so cute. I've never quilted but I can see the joy in it coming together.

Jean said...

Oh I can't wait to see the finished project! i tried quilting. i made one potholder and that was it! I don't have the patience.