Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 18th Writing assignment may involve a little trip to the store or ice cream parlor. Today you are going to get your child(ren) an ice cream cone or popsicle. Watch them eat it and describe! Are they happy? Neat? Messy? Did you eat one too? If you can bring a camera along!

Ice Cream Writing Assignment
While our fun isn't technically ice cream, it is frozen and creamy and perfect as an after dinner treat. The kids love those tubes of yogurt which I usually freeze. Unfortunately our local supermarket stopped carrying the organic variety I buy. I have been freezing yogurt in ice cube trays with popsicle sticks in them instead. Then I came across some chocolate pop molds in the clearance bin at my local Michaels and I had one of those lightbulb moments. Here you can see my idea in action:

And the result...lip smacking, ice cold, yumminess!


5 comments:

karla said...

what a great idea marie. how do the kids like 'em?

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! I need to try that!

Marie said...

the kids love them. Well Sam not so much once they start melting. LOL!

Jessica Ryan said...

What a great idea!

Imcombobulated said...

Fabulous idea! I love it!