Thursday, June 19, 2008

Running in Circles

Today Teresa asked me to watch her run around the backyard. Why do kids do that? They NEED you to watch them run. And my kids will continuously check as they're running to make sure I'm still watching too, no fooling them. Anyways she needed me to watch her run, so off she went and I dutifully monitored her swiftness (not so much) as she began her little marathon. Now to me running around the yard would be start at point A (mom) and run a straight line to one corner turn and go across to the next corner turn and head back up to the next corner turn again and head back across to the last corner and finally end back where you started. Simple, yes? So you can understand why I was a little perplexed when Teresa sped away from me, reached the screenhouse and circled around it. She continued till she reached the little playhouse and looped around that as well. She did the same to the big playhouse, the trees, the two climbers, the swingset, lawn chairs, various bikes, trikes and push toys strewn about and even the dog. And then it hit me. She was running AROUND the yard and every single solitary item in it. Oh, I laughed till I cried. Funny, funny little girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! she is too funny!