Friday, July 11, 2008

What's the weather?

June 22nd Writing Assignment:Write about the weather and how it makes you feel.



My feelings about the weather can change, well, like the weather. I love sunny brisk fall days, with that little bit of crispness in the air. It makes me feel invigorated, ready to tackle anything. I want to be outdoors soaking up the sun; knowing I need to savor it to get me through the bleak gray days of mid winter. I remember when I lived in Boston and relied on the T bus to get me to work, oh how I hated those bitter cold days with the wind that bites to the bone. Although, weather like that made me grateful for my warm apartment and hot tea. I adore the days when I'd wake up to find the ground nestled beneath the snow. It makes me feel like a child. I can't wait to get out and be the very first one who makes tracks through the fresh white blankets of snow. I really don't like the weather Spring brings. It's mostly wet and dreary round these parts. 'Nuff said about that. I'm so picky when it comes to summer weather. I really dislike the hot hot sticky days. And I hate the "its not the heat, it's the humidity" comment people always make. COME ON!!! When it's close to 100 degrees, it's friggin both! But then you get one of those summer days where its warm and breezy and simply delightful. Those days I revel in. In fact, today is one of those days. And I'm off to do some reveling!

No comments: