Sunday, September 4, 2011

Can you figure out what's missing?

Look closely at the box.


If you guessed the pieces of Katie's quilt you would be 100% correct! Today I sewed the last row onto the rest of the top. I pressed all the seams and then spread it out on the floor of Sam's room. It looks amazing! I am beyond excited how beautiful it turned out. I have to admit, I was skeptical of using blacks in a child's quilt but that Katie sure knows her stuff. It is stunning.

I do still need to add the borders before the top is officially finished but the tricky stuff is done. We will make a trip to the fabric store to pick out border fabrics and backing fabric so stay tuned for the last couple steps!


1 comment:

Jean said...

It's beautiful! I wish I had the attention span for a project like that.