Thursday, January 20, 2011

what's for dinner?

I have an immense collection of cookbooks. Especially for someone who really doesn't stray too far off the beaten path when it comes to cooking. I'm an adventurous eater but the rest of the family...not so much. I will often sit on the kitchen floor in front of the bookshelf and see if anything will inspire me. Sometimes yes...sometimes no, but I enjoy sitting and looking no matter the outcome. The other day I sat and was looking for recipes featuring ingredients I had on hand and this was one of those times when I was not having much success. I gave a big sigh and said aloud, "I need some new recipes."

Sam looked up from his homework and told me, "Mumma, when we went Christmas shopping I wanted to buy you a cookbook. But then I looked at the pictures of the recipes inside it and I really didn't want you to be making us any of that food. So I didn't."

1 comment:

Anne said...

LOL!!! That is so funny...how about a "no-cook-take-out-book" with menus of all chain restaurants (including pictures of all the entrees)...LOL