Wednesday, January 19, 2011

beauty is in the eye of the beholder


We went out to dinner the other night and as a special treat let the kids order dessert. I should clarify, it's really the girls and I who order dessert. Sam doesn't care for most restaurant desserts and Joe will eat whatever we order (generally we all share one dessert).

I always think our server must think we're the meanest parents ever for excluding our son from the dessert and feel like I should explain, "He doesn't like your desserts. Really...he usually gets a treat at home instead." But then the dessert comes and I forget all about my shame as we dive in.

Oh well, back to my story. The server brought out our turtle cheesecake that had been topped off with a virtual mountain of whipped cream and drizzled with fudge sauce and she placed it on the table in front of us. Teresa gave a gasp of delight and exclaimed "IT. IS. BEAUTIFUL!!!!" That girl of mine, she knows all about appreciating the little things in life.

1 comment:

Anne said...

aww...I love her as much as she loves dessert!! xoxoxo