Monday, May 4, 2009

Sam's first Holy Communion

It was a beautiful day. Sam was handsome and unbelievably adorable in his white linen suit and suede bucks. It struck me, as I looked at him, how fast he is growing up. Always I am torn by the pride and joy I get in watching him grow and the sadness that my baby is growing so fast. He was very excited and couldn't wait to get up on the alter and do his little reading. Which has been, unbeknownst to me, something "I've been waiting for ALL MY LIFE!!!!" He read so beautifully; slow and even pitched. Like he actually has been reading into a microphone all his life. My parents maintained that he read the best and they are not biased AT ALL, so it must be true. I am such a dork...I got all teary eyed watching him up there. My parents, brother and sister and her family made the Mass and Sam was thrilled they were there. He was even more delighted as people arrived at the house to celebrate this big day with us. So....maybe I'm not going to hell...I must have done something right to deserve my Sam.

5 comments:

jen aka mommay said...

He looks so handsome!

EJ makes his on the 17th! =))

Dori said...

Congratulations to Sam on his big milestone. M had his first communion this weekend as well and I agree they do grow up so fast.
It's all so bitter sweet.

karla said...

those are awesome pictures Marie. Sam looks so handsome.

Jessica Ryan said...

Congratulations Sam on a job well done! I love the pictures... and I can't believe that you let Sam play baseball in a white suit!!!

Marie said...

Thanks everyone!

Dori, I hope you put some pics up on the blog of M's Communion.

Jessica, I didn't have much choice about the baseball...I couldnt keep him in anymore. I wanted a family picture and Joe had gone to pick up the food, literally around the corner and it took him nearly an HOUR (hmmmm...I wonder what took him so long)!!!! As soon as joe came home we took the picture, I let Sam change and then I tore into Joe!