Monday, September 1, 2008

obligatory first day of school photos

Sam and Teresa started back to school last week. They are still at an age where this is exciting and looked forward to. They couldn't wait to meet their teachers and find out who is in their classes. Teresa decided she was going to pick out her clothing (and you all know how I feel about that) but she didn't do too badly. They are now going to school an hour earlier than they have in the past but handled the transition easily. And so did I. No one went to school naked, unfed or without a lunch. Katie was a bit lost without her friends. Actually the second day of school as I got the kids ready Katie asked me where they were going and when I replied school she asked incredulously "AGAIN!" But don't worry, a couple of our daycare friends are back from summer vacation so Kate isn't lonely. So here they are, all freshly scrubbed and ready for a brand new school year.

I have no idea what Teresa is doing here. She looks like she's ready to fall off the steps.
Sam, hands on hips, looking like a man about town.
Sam, smiling his snaggle tooth smile (I'll be so glad when that tooth finally falls out).
Ignore Katie's bedhead, it was all I could do to get the older two dressed and whatnot before bus time.