Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday morning

Every Monday morning for the last six weeks I have parked my tush in my beach chair on the little beach of the pond where the kids take swim lessons and gazed out at this incredible view. Katie's lesson is so early in the morning there are only a couple of us there. The quiet and serenity settle over me like a favorite blanket. You would think after a couple of weeks I'd get accustomed to the view but nope. Each week I'm hit anew with how beautiful the pond and the woods surrounding it are. The water is so still and even the kids splashing in their lessons can't disturb it for long. Sitting there, taking in the commonplace, but still awe-inspiring, beauty around me, I find myself absorbing some of that stillness, that peacefulness. What a wonderful way to start my week. Beauty really is all around us. The problem is we're often so busy, we don't get a chance to sit down week after week to appreciate it. I hope I can remember to and take the time to do so once the beach chair has been packed away for the winter.


No comments: