Thursday, August 12, 2010

a glimpse of the young lady


Every so often I take a picture of one of the kids and when I look at it I am struck by what I see. It's a look in the eyes or the shape of their face or something, but I can see the young woman or man that they will one day be. This is one of those photos for me. And I don't know whether to cry because "where did my baby go?!" or marvel at how beautiful she is. Thank goodness for the jimmy on the end of her nose, it helps to keep it all in perspective.

5 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

I often have those same glimpses... btw those are sprinkles... not jimmies :)

I heart said...

Hahaha I agree with Jess... definitely sprinkles. But they're on the cutest little big girl ever!

Marie said...

Oh ho ho...you both are so very wrong! Those are rainbow JIMMIES! ;)

Margaret said...

what's a jimmy? :) that sprinkle on the end of her nose is adorable! and i love that picture---she is such a beauty!!!

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big. Isn't she that little girl who cried whenever you and joe left her anywhere???? Now she can eat an ice cream all alone!!! Sort Of!!