Thursday, May 6, 2010

I have excuses

I've been slacking here on the blog. I'm not one of those Mommy bloggers who can successfully juggle blogging and all of life's demands very well. Every once in a while life gets so crazy, somethings gotta give. And I'm so sorry, but the blog is the least likely to complain if I ignore it for a bit. Just a few of the things I've been busy with the last week or two.

Pinecones, pinecones and more pinecones. I started picking/raking up these stupid things a month ago and I haven't made a dent. My entire backyard is carpeted with them. Joe finally hit upon the perfect scheme and pays the kids five cents a cone. I think we owe them each about $1000.


Baseball (and softball but no photos yet...sorry Teresa!) We're at the fields at least three evenings and one weekend day a week.

Preschool screening (sob, sob, sob)

Learning how to put buns in squirming little girl's hair.


The constant never ending all consuming picking up. This here mess was generated in about fifteen minutes and required twice that amount of time to put away. This just seems to defy the laws of physics.

The daycare kids...love them dearly


Laundry...hate it from the depth of my soul


Don't try to hide Sir Benjamin Baadaabooty. Your shedding fur means the vacuum and I get to spend LOTS of quality time together.

The Elementary Art Show



Dance pictures, dress rehearsal and recital...oh my Lord, but those two girls have stage presence galore!


And we can't forget about these two crazy characters...they're a job and a half all by themselves. Which is why I've been busy reading....



Ummm...don't ask me how it's going with the training yet...jury's still out.


I also picked up a new hobby. Knitting! I have no idea what I'm doing and it's taken me about 3 months to make that knobby, mess of something there. Don't ask me what it's supposed to be. I have no idea. I'm just knitting.

I've been busy crafting a gift for my beautiful baby niece for her Baptism too. (Carol! Don't look!)

So as you see, I'm not neglecting you on purpose or because I've lost interest. I promise to post more regularly soon...I do! If only I were one of those super organized Mom's who can do it all. You know the ones. I secretly think they actually don't exist. They may look all put together but if you peeked in their windows I'll bet you'd find the beds unmade and the laundry piled high. That's what I tell myself to make myself feel better. Don't disillusion me.

1 comment:

I heart said...

Wow, my head is spinning after looking at your crazy, busy life! :) OMG, the girl's dance pictures are adorable!!! Sir Baadaabooty looks baaad! :)