Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sick Days


Katie has been sick. Miserably sick with a cold. Her nose is red and sore from constantly needing to be wiped. She is achey and coughy and tired. But there's not a whole lot we can do to make her feel better. We've given her cold meds and they helped a bit and she's enjoyed some cups of lemon "tea" with honey. But she's still pretty darn miserable. It's been days of coughing and snots and clingy whiney fussypants. It's been days since she's laughed or given us a smile. She is certainly on the mend now but still under the weather. Today she wanted to listen to "Puff the Magic Dragon" so I popped it in the CD player and went back in the kitchen to clean up. Katie trailed in after me, talking around the thumb in her mouth "Mumma....will you dance with me?" I turned around ready to say, "not right now" but I couldn't when I saw her little face. So I scooped her up and we twirled in to the living room. We spun, bobbed and sashayed around and around and around. Kate put her hands behind my neck, looked up into my face and smiled a smile that came all the way from her piggytoes. Welcome back...I've missed your smiling face!



No comments: