Thursday, May 16, 2013

seven things about me

Seven things about me

1. I do not like confrontation. It makes me nervous and anxious and I try to avoid it if at all possible.
2. I am painfully shy and have been most of my life. I have certainly learned to come out of my shell since high school but I still dislike going to large gatherings where I know few people. Sometimes this shyness has been mis-interpreted as being snooty and that is so not the case at all. I am the most down to earth person on the planet.
3. I don't know how to do a cartwheel and this really pisses me off.
4. I've always wanted to write a children's picture book.
5.I harbor an inner Rachel Ray and love to cook. Sadly the joy of cooking gets shelved most days of the week because my days are stuffed to the gills with activities and I can't luxuriate in perusing recipes and trying out new ones.
6. Animals have always been a passion of mine. I believed as a child I could talk to animals and they could talk to me. My sister teasingly calls me Marie Doolittle.  My pets calm me when I'm worried, comfort me when I'm sad, and bring me constant joy. My pets are members of my family and I love them with every fiber of my being.
7. I am a shameless hypochondriac. I have a hangnail and I'm diagnosing myself with leprosy.

No comments: