Thursday, October 11, 2012

futilly looking for that silver lining

The adage "if it can go wrong, it will" has certainly held true around here lately.  It has been one of those weeks.  No, months.  Maybe even longer.  I've lost track of how long it's been a bit challenging around here. But the last couple days have really just been tragic.  As the cat threw up onto my living room rug this morning, I hollered up to the heavens, "enough already!"

Did I mention the dogs realized the batteries were dead on their collars before I did? Which means freedom was just a short jump over the five foot high fence away.  Oh yes, you betcha they took advantage of that fact.  And then no matter that I've replaced batteries in their collars for two years, I could not get the new batteries in properly.  I seriously worked on it for two days.  There really isn't a secret to it and I still don't know what I was doing wrong but after they got out yesterday morning and came home reeking of shit, I managed to finally get them to work.  A little too little too late but hopefully that's the end of that little bit hell raising.  At least now they're clean, right?

Oh, and I've been volunteering my time at the kids' school for several years now.  Yesterday I have an hour to get some work done for the stupid bookfair that raises money for the school and no one would let me use the frigging photo copiers.  Seriously, you people are here all day, I've got an hour, can you cut me some slack?  I was actually near tears when I was leaving the school.  Overreaction, most definitely, but that's where I'm at.

Between the moody tween girl, the stressed out tween boy, the always a handful dogs, and the possessed cat, I am ready to commit myself.  I tell myself to focus on the positive and "serenity now" but that's doing nothing for me at this point.  I am barely holding it together.  And it shows.  I went to bed last night at seven because I just needed to be done with the day.

The black cloud that's been hanging around seriously needs to move on.  I'm ready for some blue skies and better days. 

No comments: